October 24, 2010

36 weeks pregnant with Scarlett



I just stumbled upon this ultrasound picture of Scarlett today. I remember the day I gave it to Ryan like it was yesterday. I had just gotten back from the OBGYN and I wanted to surprise Ryan with a pretty picture of Scarlett so I cut out the best one from the bunch and decorated it. He put it above his computer and it's been in his office ever since. This was taken 4 days before she was born. She looked like any other healthy baby would look on an ultrasound. How were we to know that she had SMA? Our own OBGN didn't know what SMA was so how could she have tested us for it? Did I mention that we do not have a family history of SMA? A simple blood test would have identified us as carriers of SMA. It would have prepared us for what was to come.

No comments: