March 26, 2014

Getting outside a little more

The weather is finally starting to warm up.  It's officially Spring but it still feels like Winter.  It actually SNOWED yesterday.  Scarlett has been stable and had an awesome winter with no new major health issues. I'm still having back and leg pain from the herniated disks in my back.  I was supposed to have back surgery to remove part of the herniated disk.  I decided to postpone the surgery for many personal reasons.  It just wasn't the right time and things with Scarlett's care weren't falling into place.  I'm going to give myself more time to see if things will improve on their own.  I'm working with a new physical therapist that has helped me a lot.  I am now able to go on walks without sciatic nerve pain.  My foot does occasionally go completely numb (to the point where I can't feel my toes) but I'm still able to walk. I have constant lower back pain but I am hopeful with more physical therapy it will get better.  Here's what we've been up to:

Going on a walk to the neighborhood park



Playing with Bailey




Taking a "selfie" with my little girl



Getting ready for a walk


Picking flowers

Lilli was tired from the walk.  We put the flowers in a glass cup. So pretty


Another walk!




Blow drying her hair

She looks upset in this picture but she really enjoyed it.


Playing dress up. Looks like she is ready for Spring.

Love the hat, fishtail braid and sunglasses!


Another pretty day for a walk


We rain into my neighbor on our walk.  She just had a baby girl and Scarlett got to meet her. Scarlett didn't take her eyes off of her!  I would love for Scarlett to be a big sister someday. :)



Kisses from Mom



Trying to get some Zzzz...

I'm pretending I'm asleep here in hopes that Scarlett will follow my lead.  She looked at me "sleeping" for 10 minutes and then closed her eyes and fell asleep too.
Practicing being upright in her power chair



Loving Preschool!

Scarlett FaceTimes with her Preschool class every week.  Bailey decided to participate during this session.

Scarlett's preschool teacher comes out every week.  Scarlett always looks forward to her visits. I'm so thankful that Scarlett has such an amazing teacher that believes in her!

No comments: